A chance for the students to present the research that they have conducted over the semester.
Complete Information about Psi Chi at the University of Maryland, College Park can be found on our chapter website here.
"Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications."
The University of Maryland, College Park chapter of Psi Chi was chartered in 1955, and meets biweekly in the Fall and Spring semesters during the regular school year. Typical events include a Graduate Panel Discussion, Service Events, and other events around Psychology themes. Induction into Psi Chi provides recognition of academic achievement. Psi Chi members are encouraged to come to the meetings and get involved with the events to obtain knowledge and experience in the field of psychology as well as an active membership. Active members have the privilege of applying for the annual Psi Chi Excellence Award, which is funded by the Mark S. Harper Award. Upon graduation, Psi Chi stoles are available for members. The stole can be ordered through the local chapter or the national website.
The application process is comprised of two steps. In order to be sure that you gain membership, it is important that all the required applications, paperwork and money is handed in on or before the posted deadline.
- Fill out the membership application completely
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript electronically
- Fill out FREE Psi Chi t-shirt order form
- Fill out prospective member informational worksheet
- Email completed materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to a board member at one of our posted chapter meetingsFill out the membership application completely
Deadline: March 1, 2012
You will be contacted by one of our executive board members if you have been accepted for membership into our chapter. Once accepted, you only have one more step to complete until you are officially a Psi Chi member!
- Fill out the Psi Chi membership card completely and email it email@example.com
- $75 check made out to Psi Chi for your one time, lifetime membership fee
- Hand in check to Psi Chi board member at a posted chapter meeting, or hand it into the PSYC Undergraduate Main Office at BPS1107
Deadline: March 29, 2011