Reception honoring Department graduates and their families. Will begin at end of graduation ceremonies
Applying to Major in Psychology
The first step toward applying to major in Psychology at the University
of Maryland is applying to the University.
The Psychology Undergraduate Major is a Limited Enrollment Program (LEP). This means that students must meet additional academic requirements beyond admission to the University in order to become and remain a psychology major. Regardless of whether one becomes a psychology major as a freshman or later, the department requires the following:
- PSYC100 with a grade of B or higher.
- If you have AP or IB credit for PSYC100, substitute PSYC221.
- MATH 111, or 220, or 140 with a grade of C or higher.
- Lab Science (BSCI105 or BSCI106 or CHEM131 & 132, or PHYS121) with a grade of C or higher.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 for those changing their major or transferring from another school
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Students will also need to attend both a Psychology workshop and a BSOS Academic Planning session offered by BSOS Advising where students will compose an academic plan, samples of which are available.
From here you can find further information about