Reception honoring Department graduates and their families. Will begin at end of graduation ceremonies
Below , you will find detailed instructions on:
To participate in experiments, please follow these steps exactly.
If you already have an account from a prior semester, skip this section and logon with your existing username and password.
1. Go to the SONA system website. Click on the small link on the left side under [New Participant?] that says “Request an Account Here”
2. Enter your personal information in the account creation form. It is strongly recommended that you complete every field – in the interest of verification and convenience.
You must use your University ID Number as the User ID (e.g. 123456789). This guarantees a unique & available User ID. Enter your name, University email address, Phone, and your University ID (in both the User ID and the Student ID field). Select ALL the courses for which you intend on earning research participation credits. CHECK TO ENSURE YOU HAVE USED THE CORRECT UNIVERSITY ID & MADE ACCURATE COURSE SELECTIONS.
If your course is not listed, please contact your professor to have it added.
3.Click on “Request Account.” A confirmation message will be sent to the email address you entered (should only take a few minutes or less). Be sure to check your junk-mail filter before reporting a system/delivery error.
- When you receive the email, navigate to the SONA Systems website.
- At the SONA Systems site, enter your User ID and Password as specified in the email.
- Complete the Prescreen and indicate that you are over 18 years of age. If you are not over 18, please contact the SONA Webmaster for an alternative way to earn credits.
- Click on “My Profile” and update your profile if necessary.
- To view all of the available studies click on “Study Sign-Up” and you will be able to view the studies that are currently available for you to participate in.
- If you want to view the available timeslots for a particular study, click on “Timeslots Available” next to the study of interest and then click on “View Time Slots for This Study”
- To sign up for a timeslot, click on “Sign Up” next to the time you want to participate and you will receive an e-mail confirmation. You will also receive a ‘reminder’ e-mail the day before your appointment. Please be sure to show up for your appointments at least 5 minutes early because often people cannot be allowed in the laboratory after the experiment begins.
If you absolutely have to cancel your appointment, you may do so without receiving a penalty by:
1. Logging in to the SONA System.
2. Click on “My Schedule and Credits”
3. Click on “SIGN-UP HISTORY” at the bottom of the page
4. Select “Cancel” next to the study you need to cancel. Reminder: This must occur at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment time to avoid the 1 point penalty.
Once you have earned credits, you may go to “My Schedule and Credits" page to reassign any credit(s) you have earned to a different course. Select “My Schedule and Credits” and click on "Reassign" under the courses column for the credit(s) you want to reassign.
Navigate to the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ page on the SONA Website and read the information provided on the Department of Psychology’s research participation website. If you still have questions or an unresolved issue, contact the SONA Administrator.